|Restore and protect headlights in five easy steps!|
The 3M Lens Renewal Kit with Protectant is a do-it-yourself, 5-step lens polishing kit that removes yellowing and haze, restores clarity, and protects plastic windows, headlights and taillights. The kit includes 3M premium masking tape for easy DIY repair. The 3M Lens Renewal Kit with Protectant utilizes the power of your electric drill to restore most headlights in as little as an hour!
Plastic lenses can yellow with age, reducing headlight brightness. Dull headlights fail to illuminate as far as they should, meaning you're only seeing part of the picture. To improve your safety while driving, use the 3M Lens Renewal Kit with Protectant to restore yellow, hazy headlights and protect them from debris.
Use the 3M Lens Renewal Kit on plastic headlights, plastic boat windows, taillights, trailers, snowmobiles, emergency vehicle light bars, plastic motorcycle lights and more. This kit is easy enough for just about anyone to use. By restoring your headlights yourself, you save hundreds of dollars on professional restoration or replacement, and - most importantly - you improve nighttime driving visibility.
The 3M Lens Renewal Kit with Protectant utilizes 3M abrasive technology to sand, refine, and polish plastic lenses. This process completely restores the appearance and function of plastic headlights. The kit includes 3M's 25' Masking Tape PN 0000. This tape protects the paint surrounding the headlights or taillights and it peels off easily. 3M Performance Synthetic Wax Protectant seals the newly polished lenses to block out debris. You'll get professional results at home, saving you time and money!
Your headlights should illuminate the road approximately 200 ft. in front of your vehicle. If they don't, you need the 3M Lens Renewal Kit with Protectant! Don't let another night go by with cloudy, ineffective headlights. Your safety depends on it.
- Wipe off the headlight to remove any loose dirt. Tape off the surrounding paint with the included 3M Masking Tape PN 0000.
- Put the backing plate onto the drill. Press the yellow P500 grit disc against the backing plate. Use light to medium pressure and work back and forth to remove scratches and yellowing. When the disc is no longer effective, turn off the drill and attach a new P500 grit disc and continue working until defects are removed.
- Next, attach the P800 grit white abrasive disc to remove scratches from previous step. Again, work with light to medium pressure. After this step, the headlight should look frosted.
- Apply P3000 Trizact™ Foam Disc. Mist the disc with a water bottle. Use light to medium pressure to sand the lens cover. You'll see a white slurry as you polish. Continue with 4-6 passes after the white slurry appears. Wipe the headlight lens with a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth and inspect your work. Any remaining scratches should be very fine at this point. If not, repeat this step.
- Attach the orange foam compounding pad. Dispense a dime size amount of 3M Compound onto the pad and spread over the lens with the machine turned off to avoid splatter. Polish the lens until the lens is clear and smooth. Wipe the lens clean with a Cobra Microfiber Towel (sold separately).
- To protect your lenses from future oxidation, apply the included 3M Performance Synthetic Wax Protectant. The clear coating will keep your headlight lenses clean and clear longer.
3M drill backing plate
3M Masking Tape PN 0000 25 ft.
4 P800 grit white abrasive discs
6 P500 grit yellow discs
P3000 Trizact™ foam disc
Orange foam compounding pad
1 oz. 3M Compound Sample
1 oz. 3M Performance Synthetic Wax Protectant